Thursday, April 11, 2013

Vintage Sweater Upcycle to Baby Jumper

Welcome back!
I am really excited to share my latest project with you, because I thought it was a lost cause only to be revived and semi successfully executed! :-D
I had started it a month ago....okay maybe two months ago, I am not even sure.  I am a little ashamed of how long it took me to go back and give it a re-try.  The original fitting did not work at all and I had no idea how to fix it.  During every other project I under took, this one was always in the back of my mind.  Luckily, now that I came back to it I knew exactly what to do to remedy some of the issues.  I say some because, there were some issues I couldn't fix.  Being an upcycle, and a size small, I didn't have much fabric to work with.  My original cut didn't leave a lot of room for error :-/  Even still, I am glad with the outcome despite the bumps in the road.  If anything, it's a comfy garment for my little guy to wear around the house.  It still may work at the farmers market, but we'll see if he manages to grow out of by then. 

Here it is!


Before, Sort of plan, finished!







































The original sweather was my husbands.  He found it at vintage shop in SoCal I think.  I ditched the collar but kept the original buttons.  I've worn it a few times but I think I like it for our little guy much better.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. So amazing!!! You are really talent!!! I don't even have an idea how you did it. Love you Nikki for been the wife of my son and the mother of my most valuable gift, my grandson Qais. <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet :-D Thank you so much! For everything :-)

      Delete