Monday, November 3, 2014

Hoodie upcycle

Today I worked on another upcycle of my favorite kind.  A Sweat shirt upcycle!  It also turned into something practical no less!  I had this tinker bell hoodie that I got when I went to Disney land several years ago.  I haven't worn it for a few years but I could never bring myself to let go of it in our many purges.  Usually we do a yearly purge of things that we don't need and give them to local thrift stores and such.  Anyway, this hoodie made it through at LEAST 6 rounds of purging!  Now that we are possibly on the cusp of yet another move, I felt the need to purge items again and this time the hoodie made it into the box :-/  Luckily we had been busy this weekend, it being my 28th birthday and all, so the boxes did not get dropped off.  Last night happened to be the night when inspiration struck.  I thought "DUH! I can make it into pajamas for my little guy!"  Yes it's tinker bell, but still.  The graphics are such that I don't think you can really tell immediately that its tinker bell :-)  Anyway, tell me what you think :-D



It was a zip up hoodie so the first step was to remove the zipper.  Then I just used a satin stitch all the way up to close the front so that it joined together.  There was a small overlap so I'm an hoping this holds up in the wash :-)  Then I cut the sleeves off and those became the pant legs.  It was a raglan hoodie so thats why I there is a ton of length in the legs.  The front back and sleeves where cut from the main body of the hoodie and I had to make sure to cut everything out perfect because there was no room for error.  I think it turned out great!

If you are wondering more on how it did it, feel free to check out my last post where I took pictures of the process here.

Until next time!

1 comment: