Monday, October 27, 2014

Fall Vegetable Curry

Yay for meatless Monday!

I am so excited to share my meatless monday meal with you today.  It's a curry that is perfect for fall and completely vegetarian.
My home made vegetable stock
What you will need

2 tablespoons of butter
1 cup of chopped onion
2 large cloves of garlic minced
1 inch of ginger minced
2-3 tablespoons of garam masala
1 table spoon of tomato paste
2 cup of vegetable stock
1 cup of coconut milk
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
a pinch of sugar (leave this out if you don't LOVE sweet curries like me)
2 cups of carrot
The fall vegetables
1 cup of Sweet potato
1 cup Butternut Squash
1 small Red Potato
1 can of garbonzo beans rinsed throughly with cold water
1 table spoon of lemon juice
half a cup of chopped parsley with some reserved for garnish

First I melted the butter in a pot and added my chopped onion.  I turned up the heat to high so I could brown the onion.  Browning took about 7 minutes or so.  I stood and watched stirring occasionally to make sure they were all evenly golden.  Next I added the garlic and ginger and stirred to release all the flavors, about 1 minute.  Then I added the garam masala and stirred that for just a few seconds before adding the tomato paste.  I stirred the tomato paste a little to get it all combined before adding the vegetable stock.  Once the vegetable stock is all stirred with the spices I added the coconut milk followed by the salt, pepper and sugar.  Bring it to a boil and lower heat so that it continues a low boil.  I left it to lightly boil for about 15 minutes because I wanted it to reduce a little before I added my veggies.  Once it was slightly reduced I added my vegetables and simmered that for another 10 minutes.  It is finished when you can pierce the vegetables and the fork goes in with little effort.  Finally I added the garbonzo beans, lemon juice, and cilantro and stir to incorporate the flavors of the last ingredients.  Serve it up with a side of rice and enjoy!



I am throughly pleased with this curry, it was lazy, single pot deliciousness!



No comments:

Post a Comment