Monday, May 20, 2013

DIY Bugaboo Canopy and Seat liner for just over $2.00!!

After I made my first Bugaboo Cameleon Hood I decided I wanted to make another, along with a matching seat liner.  It seems like my son always manages to get snacks under the seat so I wanted to get something that would keep the snacks out, and be super cute. 

All fabrics used on this set are vintage that I purchased from a huge donation made to the thrift store I volunteer at.  Vintage denim and blue and white cotton make for this perfect "tshirt and jeans" Cameleon set. 

I need to do a bit more work on the 1 piece seat liner template in order to recreate a tailored fit.  My template didn't fit and I adjusted the liner without adjusting the template.  To make this, I combined the designs from the original Bugaboo seat fabric and footmuff.  What do you think? 

I have a great response out in public and I am really pleased with the result. 

The details
Demin - $0.99
Cottom - $0.99
Binding - Approx. $0.10
Total cost? Under $2.50 including tax and supplies!





No comments:

Post a Comment