Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Vintage wool slippers! Freecycle put to awesome use :-)

So I still have a good amount of wool left so I am trying to keep on using it for sewing projects before the season for wool is over.  It's now a race. 
Here are the plans. 

So far only Dad and Little Sugar have theirs made.  I will get to mine soon.












When I was planning out my slippers I realized that I picked my note book up at the Salvation Army for $0.49.  Isn't it awesome?  It was made in a time before plastic, the coil is made from some kind of metal and it was made in the U.S.A.  The original price tag is also still on it.  :-) Even with the original price I still saved! ;-P
Sorry for the upside down!

82 cents is still a good deal :-P
     
Anyway, back to the slippers.  Here is the prototype.  This is the second, but first successful version.  The first version was a high-top type slipper and I realized that it just was going to be too complicated so I changed it but it's still cute.

After I made the prototype I did trim some of the fabric off the top to make it a more snug fit.



Daddy and baby in their new cozy slippers :-D

Remember, this is still the fabric that I got from a freecycler a few months ago.  I picked up the buttons from a thrift store and they came in a back with assorted colors and sizes.    Even for the fabric used for the prototype was from freecycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment