Saturday, February 2, 2013

Home Remedy: Onion

This week, everyone in my home has been sick.  Luckily it hasn't been all at the same time.  I was sick, then hubby and now son.  We  have been doing the onion remedy.  Sure it smells like onions in here but we also haven't gotten full fledged sick either.  This past weekend when I felt like we were going to be getting sick I took an onion, cut it in half and placed it on the bedside table for the night.  The next day I was basically better.  Hubby woke up feeling better but his symptoms came back that evening so again, the onion was on the side table.  That next morning he was feeling better so we stopped with the onion for 2 nights.  Well guess what happens?  Hubby gets sick again.  Out comes the onion for another night and in the morning he is feeling better.  Now it is our sons turn :-(  Tonight we have the onion in his room but his symptoms are a little worse then ours were so I really hope the onion comes through for him too. 

I got the idea for the onion from a picture floating around facebook that claims the onion will, in a sense, suck up all the germs in the air protecting you from sickness.  It also comes along with a "personal" account of someone using it and being completely healed in the morning while the onion was completely black.  This hasn't really been the case for us.  The onion just drys out, probably because the winter air is dry.  I wish it was black though, then I could "see" the proof.  But with or without the blackness it seems to be working for us and I recommend you try it too.  Unless you want a sick day, sometimes it's nice to stay home and drink broth.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment