Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dusty Antique look? or just lazy to clean? hhmmm...



It seems as though I can't keep up with this space as much as I can't keep up with my living space.  Everything is being neglected and collecting dust while I try to keep up but fail.  Life of a new mother is grand!  Maybe my "thing" is the dusty antique look?  You will see what I mean in the upcoming posts.   Joking aside, I think that these next few items would have to agree.
My husband has to take the credit for finding the incense burner.  Not only did he score it for just over two dollars, he also brought me back a loyalty card!  I didn't know loyalty cards for this particular thrift store existed, so that was a nice surprise.  Thanks mi amor!
Incense burner and oddly shaped glass

One item of interest for us is oddly shaped glass containers of any sort.  Whether it be vases, jars, bottles, whatever, we just love 'em.  I found this little guy at a rummage-ish type sale last summer for a buck!  This was interesting because it was the same time that I bought the crates for my DIY bookshelf I showed you a few posts back.  The gentleman was very interesting and I admired his way of life, seemingly wayfarer/drifter/hobbyist/collector/hillbilly.
Rich man poor man, The Sartorialist
 He reminded me of this "type" which I guess is hobo chic. He had the look of a crazy person, but you just knew there was much more to it then that.  In the case of this fella, he actually works at Ralph Lauren.

Baby Saddle shoes?  I actually purchased these months before my son was born.  In fact, before I even knew I would have a son because we chose to wait.  Good thing saddle shoes can be for a boy a girl.  I had visions of a little boy in a classic cable knit cardigan or a little girl with a silhouette of a poodle sewn on a puffy skirt.  Either would be perfect with saddle shoes!  Months pass and we are blessed with a baby boy!  The best part is that I can put them away and save them to go along with that little poodle skirt! God Willing :-)
Saddle shoes, on our way to a potluck








Well that will be enough from me for now, I hope all is well out there with everyone.  Please enjoy another "new"ish find.  Would have been newer if I posted sooner...c'est la vie!

Incase the imbedded video is not working, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment