Saturday, June 16, 2012

Many lives of a wooden crate.

So as you know, I like old wooden crates.  Well I like anything old.  Unfinished food or metal with a nice patina, I can't get enough!  I picked this one up at the rummage sale I mentioned in my last post as well.  That old man sure was awesome because he had a few gems that I really love!  This one was a little on the "steep" end at 8 bucks but I look at it as an investment in awesome ;-P This old crate had a couple of lives already within my home.  First it just sat at the doorway because I didn't immediately know what I was going to do with it.  Then I decided I was going to put shoes on it, so I did that for a while.  But that role made the crate a little under appreciated.  Next it became a sort of side table.  I just stood it on its side and it held up a lamp for a while.  I was sure that I liked that until I got ANOTHER wood crate that I wanted to use for the lamp MORE.  Sheesh, so then it was out of a job while I looked around my home and tried to find a place for it.  It was then that I realized the width was a perfect size to hold books.  Our old DIY bookshelf is and always was overflowing with books so this actually worked out perfect.  Now our books sit on top of the desk! I always wanted to do this but I never found the "perfect" old brass book ends that I imagined but I definitely like this better because I can still put my painting on top!  But, in the end, who knows where this old crate might end up.  All I hope is to enjoy it for the next little while in whatever roll it takes on next!

And a fun song.  My better half turned me on to this one.  It has become my "go to" fun song.  It has become the first one I listen to when I buckle down to actually try and get something tedious done around the house.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment