Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Freecycle treasures

One of my Charcoals
I think I may have been the last person to sign for free cycle. I heard about free cycle a few years ago when I lived in the Bay area, but it wasn't until a few months ago that I actually made an account. So for I've received a few interesting things and likewise gave away things that I could no longer use. Why didn't I use it sooner! Especially since we have moved from state to state and place to place within the same city most recently. I always just used to old 'put it on the curb' method and that seemed to work fine. But I myself hardly ever found anything as interesting on the curb as I have found on free cycle.


Paper maker
My latest freecycle finds have been pretty awesome, to say the least. A home made paper maker, a print frame and a resistance band. Hey, a girl has gone to get her strength training too! Although I haven't had the chance to use the paper maker yet, it has already been fruitful as I have already learned so much about hand made paper and bindings. Did you know you can make paper out of denim? It looks a little like blue construction paper and its incredibly soft. Along with the denim paper I saw paper made out of another cotton that was used in little journals bound in dried goat and calf skin. Pretty neat! All I need to do now is get a blender and I am in business.

I just went out to a thrift store this afternoon so I'm already looking forward to what I am going to show you next! Stay tuned...

AND just something I've been enjoying while alone in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment