Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hand made books!

I am so excited to share the books that my Husband worked on, under the instruction of a seasoned bookbinder.  You can find the bindery here in Madison on Atwood Ave. called Mendota Fine Binding and Restoration.  Here is the facebook page if your interested in checking that out. 
Anyway, my lovely had a part in assembling these beauties, even if it was a small part, I am really proud of him!
Mine isn't quite paid for yet, as some alterations work will be in exchange for mine.  Call it a friend discount, even as I write this I am eating some AMAZING hummus made by the bookbinders wife.  :-P

Since we are on the subject of books. I wanted to show you this little gem we found in the free "take a book leave a book" library box here in our neighborhood. 





The back says "Simple hints to help you get more satisfaction out of life" and that is what I am all about!  It's filled with too many amazing things to name, but both my husband and I read little bits out loud that we found we HAD to share.  I highly recommend picking this up. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment