Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wisconsin Great River Road

I really love the beauty of Wisconsin. After living here for a year I am just now getting into the out doors and seeing all of the natural land formations that I had no idea existed right in my "back yard". Just recently we took a couple days drive which was very refreshing and relaxing as well. Not only was it awesome, it was also inexpensive. All the money that was "required" was a full tank of gas, 1 night's stay at an Inn and food, which is also very inexpensive out in the rural towns. An awesome spontaneous trip that did not flash by in an expensive whirl of lights and busy city streets!

Just a couple of highlights from the trip and of course, a thrifty find.


Laue House Inn, Alma WI, Buena Vista Park, Alma WI, Thrift find in Eau Claire, WI

The Laue House Inn in Alma WI was a real gem that my husband found in all his research of the perfect place to stay along the Wisconsin Great River Road. At $40.00 a night it was a real steal because of the charming design and amazingly nice owner. The WGGR is all along the Mississippi River along the Wisconsin/Iowa and Wisconsin/ Minnesota boarder so there was tons of amazing views. Overlooking Alma was Buena Vista park which has an amazing rocky lookout point. All along the way on the WGGR are tons of historic towns where the air is clean and the people are super nice.

After we finished up the drive which also included a stop at an Apple orchard, which had the most amazing apples I EVER tasted we decided to come back home. On the way we made a pit stop in Eau Claire and I was able to convince my Husband to stop at a garage sale! We found this antique scale for .25!

All in all it was a lot of fun and I got to spend some quality time with the hubby. What more could I ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment