Friday, July 13, 2012

Happy Friday, get out and find some deals!

I hope you don't mind a minimally worded post for a more of a pictorial on some of my favorite finds.
These are some of things that I have found and have become almost a staple and get basically weekly use.  Some are practical and some are fun :-)


  •  Chest
  • Tray
  • Mugs
  • Cream and Sugar set
This little scene constitutes my nightly pass time.  All of these items cost very little or nothing at all.  Total being just under $25.00 for all.  The chest doubles as our coffee table and it gets daily use by us and use for tea and cookies with friends at least once a week.




Bracelets made of metal and wood.  I picked up both of these in the Bay area at different thrift store.  I just love them and actually wear them both at once on the same wrist!
Combined price of approximately $6.00

  •  Corning Brand Carafe
  • Glass
  • Wooden decorative bowl
  • Little serving dish
  • Table cloth
  • Table
I really was not joking when I said I own hardly anything "new".  This was a picture I snapped for my "CSA cooking" diary.  Strawberry lemon with Garlic scape pesto for a snack
Everything without the table came to about $6.00


  •  Crate and Barrel Plate
  • Table cloth 

Another photo from my CSA cooking diary as well.  The veggies in the fried rice came in the veggie box.  The table cloth and the plate came to $.25.  I got the plate set for $1.00 and so that is the price of 1 plate.  The table cloth was free.
One of the 3 "pricey" items in my home that gets the most use is the living room carpet.  A little more then we would normally pay but we definitely got it at a fraction of the retail price.



I guess the "moral" of the story is you can find anything you need without paying retail.  This is something that I am pretty much against and make very little exceptions for.  The obvious things are personal wear and electronics.  Everyone and anyone can score a great deal if you just take a little more time to look for it.  Sabr.

No comments:

Post a Comment